Every day new SH&E professionals begin the credentialing process. Over 30,000 individuals have achieved the CSP, OHST, CHST or STS credential since 1969 with over 12,000 currently holding the CSP. Certification is highly recognized and respected throughout the SH&E field. Just as medical doctor requires a degree as evidence of learning, a certified safety professional is an accredited professional certification viewed by the public as credible skills and knowledge within the safety profession.
Pass your exam with confidence by preparing for your ASP, CSP, CHST or OHST examination by attending one of our workshops. They’re guaranteed. If you take our ASP, CSP, CHST or OHST workshops and do not pass your examination, you can take the same workshop for FREE!*
This workshop is specifically designed for those preparing for certification examinations (ASP, CSP, CHST,OHST) and needing a hands-on review of essential math skill areas. Tl-30X llS calculator included.
- Conversions – SI and English conversions of mass, length and time
- Dimensional analysis – multi-step conversions (e.g., converting miles per hour to feet per second, pounds to micrograms)
- Number manipulation – exponents, scientific notation, significant digits, answer accuracy and rounding and logarithms
- Shapes and formulae – area, circumference and volume of rectangles, triangles, circles, trapezoids, cubes and cylinders
- Graphing – two dimensional graphing of linear, exponential, trigonometric and logarithmic functions
- Algebra – laws and concepts, word problems
- Trigonometry – right angles, trigonometry functions and word problems
- Operation of a scientific calculator
Dates: 6/6, 6/7, 6/8 or 6/12, 6/13, 6/14
Gain the knowledge and confidence to pass the Safety Fundamentals examination leading to the ASP designation with this review of SH&E concepts and test-taking strategies. The Safety Fundamentals exam is a five-hour computer delivered test, required in the two-test process of becoming a CSP. This workshop will review more than 200 questions addressing all four domains covered in the exam blueprint that will guide you toward full competency in the field of SH&E.
- Recognizing, measuring, evaluating, and controlling SH&E hazards
- SH&E training and management
- Business principles, practices, and metrics in SH&E practice
Dates: 6/6, 6/7, 6/8
This workshop is designed to prepare you for the examination leading to the CHMM designation. You will cover the exam blueprint, and the study and testing techniques that will assist you in taking the exam. You will receive lectures, sample problems and participate in discussions on those subjects most relevant to the exam blueprint.
- Recognize, identify and characterize hazards of materials
- Assess risks related to hazardous materials
- Mitigate and/or eliminate hazards of materials
- Manage impact of hazardous materials on human health
- Ensure regulatory compliance
- Manage hazardous materials
Dates: 6/6, 6/7, 6/8
Pass the Comprehensive examination leading to the CSP certification with the knowledge and the application of experience gained through professional practice. This second-level exam is a five and one-half hour computer delivered test, required in the two-test process of becoming a CSP. Your preparation will include lectures, sample problems, and discussions on a variety of subjects to prepare for the exam.
- Collecting, assessing, managing SH&E and security risk
- Concepts of probability, statistics and basic sciences
- Engineering: safety, environmental, occupational health and fire protection
- Applied management principles, ergonomic analysis, risk management
- Legal/ regulatory and issues in SH&E and security
- Workers’ Compensation
Dates: 6/12, 6/13, 6/14
You will receive information on CHST education and experience requirements for the certification and practice on 200 questions addressing the eight areas to be covered by the exam.
- Safety program management and administration
- OSHA regulations and inspections
- Training and orientation
- Hazard communication
- Inspections and audits
- Job hazard analysis/pre-job planning
- Accident investigation
- Record keeping requirements
Dates: 6/12, 6/13, 6/14
This workshop will provide you with the potential areas that will be covered on the OHST certification examination. You will receive a list of recommended resources available to continue your preparation for the exam and review content information utilizing a testing format.
- Fundamentals: calculator, mathematics, statistics, chemistry, physics
- Engineering technology
- Basic and applied sciences
- Law, regulations and standards
- Control concepts
- Investigation (post-event)
- Survey and inspection techniques (pre-event)
- Data computation and record keeping
- Education, training and instruction
*This is applicable to participants who attend our ASP, CSP, CHST and OHST workshops and sit for the exam within one year of attending. Not valid for chapter or regional workshops. This guarantee is not applicable to the CHMM workshop